Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Falun Gong T-Shirt That Scared Beijing

A young researcher finds he is not so welcome in China

Epoch Times: ...Also, I told them that I had kept my Falun Gong T-shirt in my close possession, and it was not visible to the public. The policemen who had searched me had to pull out the T-shirt and open it up to see that it related to Falun Gong.

The interrogator admitted that I had not done anything illegal. He told me that there would be no punishment and no charges against me. He then said that Falun Gong is illegal in China: “The American government may allow you to practice it; the Indian government may allow it, but in China, we don't allow you to practice it.”

In addition, the interrogator told me, “Do you know ... what you did could be constituted a threat to the Chinese government!”

How silly! My having a Falun Gong T-shirt constituted a threat to the Chinese state? Was the Chinese regime scared of international researchers bringing with them a T-shirt with the words “Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance” written on it? Did the regime believe my T-shirt was a threat to its existence...Read more

No comments: