Search This Blog

Friday, January 30, 2009

Appellant Exposes Forced Labor Camp Secrets

By Liang Xin and Yuan Li
Sound of Hope
Jan 24, 2009 via Epoch Times
Share: Facebook icon Facebook Digg icon Digg icon StumbleUpon icon StumbleUpon
Print E-mail
Related articles: China > Democracy and Human Rights

Recently Sound of Hope (SOH) interviewed Wang Ling, an appellant in Beijing. She disclosed the many inhumane tortures the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) uses to coerce Falun Gong practitioners into giving up their belief. Wang also talked about her stay in a forced labor camp. She said that Falun Gong practitioners came and went frequently. Often in the middle of the night, men in white hats and clothes would come into the cells and take the practitioners away while they were still asleep.

Wang was sentenced to a year and three months in forced labor in October 2007 because she went to Beijing to appeal a grievance during the 17th National Congress. When she was in the forced labor camp, two-thirds of the inmates were Falun Gong practitioners. The camp did not allow them to have contact with one another. To force them to give up the practice, they would not allow them to use the toilets, according to Wang.

Wang said, “[The guards] would have the Falun Gong practitioners write a statement guaranteeing they would stop doing and spreading the practice and stop saying ‘Falun Dafa is good.’ If a practitioner refused to do so, he/she was punished. The guards would send four people to monitor that practitioner around the clock; two during the day and two during the night. The practitioner was not allowed to use a toilet if he/she did not fill out an application form. (I have seen practitioners) excrete in their pants.”

Falun Gong Taken at Night

Wang also mentioned something she did not comprehend, “Practitioners in the camp came and left frequently. In July 2008, I had seen three practitioners taken away secretly in the middle of the night.”

“At night, men dressed in white hats and clothes would open the door to our cell. They walked quietly to practitioners and whispered, ‘Get up. Don’t talk. Quickly pack up your belongings.’ They then left quietly. Several days later, a few more would come, and again take [practitioners] away at night. This happened frequently.”

Two independent Canadian investigators, David Matas and David Kilgour, interviewed organ recipients in 30 countries and published a report on January 31, 2007. In the report, they pointed out the CCP’s Liberation Army is involved in organ removal from prisoners. A large number of these organs were sold to foreigners. Most of the ‘prisoners’ were in fact Falun Gong practitioners in China.

According to the investigation, it is very easy for patients who need organ transplants to be matched with an organ in China. In a report from the Xiaoxiang Chenbao ( on April 28, 2006, Mr. Huang’s family in Changsha City, Hunan Province, needed four kidney transplants. It only took the Hunan People’s Hospital a month to match all four of them with healthy kidneys. Also, Changchun’s City Evening News reported that Xie Bao, a 28-year-old suffered from last-stage dilated cardiomyopathy. A doctor at the Jilin University Affiliated Second Hospital in Changchun declared that Xie needed a heart transplant on February 27, 2006. The very next day after Xie was admitted to the Hospital, a matched heart was available.

Dr. Pang Yubin, a medical doctor in the United States believes organ harvesting is really happening. He said, “As far as organ transplant is concerned, in other countries, most patients need to wait for several years before they can find a matched donor, if they are lucky. In China, organs await patients.”

Read original article in Chinese

No comments: