Monetize Zone: I’m not usually one to get into the mix of the complicated political world and what it stands for. However this is truly going over the edge in my opinion and is an atrocity to our city. A giant bust of Vladimir Lenin and Chairman Mao Zedong has no right being in our democratic country.
Killing Campaigns -- The numbers are there. You do the math.
The Soviet Front (1917-1953)
- Death total for the Soviet Union between 1917-1953 (excluding WWII deaths) – 54 million
- Deaths directly attributed to Lenin whose face is so stoically displayed – 3 to 5 million in Russian Civil War plus the Volga Famine (the first genocidal policy of the USSR to be enacted upon the Ukrainians- the next would be in 1932-33 killing 8 million of them) not to mention his political terror that killed another 100,000 dissidents
- Whether or not Lenin was guilty of the actions by Stalin that killed 50 million more later on is your decision, but this guy has the blood of at least~4 million on his hands.
Mao Zedong’s regime (1949-1975): 40 000 000
- Rural purges, 1946-49: 2-5M deaths
- Urban purges, 1950-57: 1M
- Great Leap Forward: 20-43M
- Cultural Revolution: 2-7M
- Labor Camps: 20M
- Tibet: 0.6-1.2M
- TOTAL: 44.5 to 72M